Monday 23 April 2007

Art Journal Challenge - Week Sixteen...

Thanks Emily for the prompt this week!! I put a little bit of thought into it and the idea i came up with made me happy.. it was just thinking of a way to get Matty to participate!! lol

The prompt for this week: "get someone else to contribute"


I knew I wanted Matty to contribute, but how could i get him to?!! Hmmm. So I asked him to write me a little letter that i would put into my card and read it in exactly a years time! So i got the piece of paper ready for him.. and his exact words "oh, i thought i could dictate it to you". Hahahaha! oh gosh!!!! So after explaining again that I wouldnt read the card for a whole year (i dont think he was listening the 1st time) he was happy to do it. I cant wait to read what he wrote! He spent more time on it than I had expected him to. Thanks Matty!

So here is the card with the envelope nicely sealed so be opened on 23rd of April 2008....
(sorry about the quality of the photos.. i took the photos at night as i couldnt wait till tomorrow to take the pics in natural light)


Front:

Back:

29 comments:

Siany said...

Great idea Jess!! Im sure in a years time, if you havent remembered about the card, you will be stoked to have a little present to read!! Im sure hes written something lovely!! xx

Je@net said...

O wauw, what a great idea!!!! Aren't you curious....? Well, I'm!!

Anonymous said...

I agree what a super idea !!, and the card looks great aswell !! greetings Dani

Essie said...

What a great idea to write a note and not read it for a whole year. I love your card and are very curious what's on the note.

Anonymous said...

wow what a cool idea!! and a really cute card.

Maggie Lamarre said...

great card
Maggie

Vibeche Bergqvist Ellingsen said...

What a great idea, I love it :)

Natália Rosin said...

Hey, Jess! I loved your deck of me. The cards are very cute! And with many colors! [I love colors =D].

I'm from Brasil and I'm adding the link of your blog on mine, ok?

Kisses & kisses!

Nati

Kathy O said...

What a super cool idea - not that I could wait that long.LOL! Love the colours on the envelope. Enjoy reading his no doubt thoughtful words.

Aimee said...

really great idea....love it!

Marie said...

that is a great idea,great card jess
you are lucky that he wrote something.
love marie

Sarah said...

What a great idea!! Love your previous card too.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous colours and great idea, how you going to remember though? I would definitely forget lol! love your post about your cat. we also have photos of our cat 'Lucky' all dressed up in baby's bonnets :D

beth said...

love this idea! super cool!

leewoodside said...

Love it!!

Marjolein said...

Oh wow, this is great!!!! Can you wait that long?

Deborah said...

Love your card, those colours are gorgeous. You're far more self-disciplined than me, that closed envelope would be sooooooooo tempting :)

Mrs Pretzel said...

OK. I am SOOOO doing that one. Not for the deck of me, but I think it's a GREAT idea!

Kim said...

This is awesome - I would really have trouble waiting for a whole year to open it though - lol - I don't have the patience for it!

Kristen said...

my husband and I did that, our first valentines day - to be opened in 5 years - and then we forgot! When we came across them again it was really fun and sweet so see what we had written so many years before.

Lynn said...

great idea! WOW, love it!

saffiertje said...

This so great!!!! Love the idea of a lettre.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is sooo cute. Love it!

Nicole said...

What a fabulous idea!!!! :) How fun :) Will we get to see what it says in a year? :)

Paula J Atkinson said...

totally romantic & sweet. I hope you can wait a year!!

sylvia said...

this is such a cool idea! wow how exciting!

Debbie Doughty said...

That is such a GREAT idea! I don't think I could wait to read it though!

valerie said...

ho wbeatiful lucky you to hav e such a fab partner

Karalenn Hippen said...

Wow! What a beautiful idea. I really want to do that sometime. I hope you don't mind if I copy this idea. :) Love the way you set it up as well. Beautiful.